What to Look for When Buying a Used Car
The team at Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is here with some tips on what to look for when buying a used car for Red Lion drivers. Finding a used or certified pre-owned vehicle can be a long process without help. But working with a dealer can shorten the time it takes to find the right used vehicle for your everyday needs while getting a good price. Our trained staff can help you explore all of your used and certified pre-owned car options, including our trade-in options and our used vehicles priced under 20k. Here are some used car buying tips below!
What to Consider Before Buying a Used Car from a Dealer
York drivers can get a lot of benefits from buying a used car, especially when it comes to lower prices and advanced technology. At Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we offer a variety of used car choices that come with many offerings. Here are the steps to buying a used vehicle at a reliable dealership like Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram:
- Set Your Budget: Be sure to keep your budget firm for your needs and what you can pay each month. Also be sure to factor in future repairs on your vehicle, routine maintenance, and future necessities like oil changes and new tires. A good general rule of thumb is having a monthly car payment that doesn’t exceed 10% of your monthly income. You can utilize tools like our payment calculator to get a better idea of monthly payments and how much money you can invest into a used vehicle.
- Find the Right Used Car for You: The vehicle you want should be within your budget, have reasonable mileage expectations, and be able to pass requirements on a vehicle history report. Start by choosing the model or brand of car you’re looking for, or consider the features you’re looking for in your next vehicle. You can compare what you’re looking for at the dealership to see which car best fits what you’re looking for yourself. Researching the vehicles you’re browsing on sites like KelleyBlueBook is also a proactive way to determine which car is right for you.
- Test Drive and Inspect Different Models: When you’re test driving, make sure to thoroughly inspect each vehicle you’re browsing and have it inspected by a mechanic. Make sure to verify the performance of the vehicle to ensure it matches your expectations.
- Consider Used Car Financing and Other Fees: Once you have a used car that meets your needs, take a good chunk of time to go over your loan options. Be sure to factor in things like fees and credits, things like sales tax, registration fees, and the possible trade-in value on the vehicle you’re wishing to replace. While completing the deal, consider any applicable warranties and car insurance options.
What to Ask When Buying a Used Car
There are a good number of questions you want to keep in mind when you’re considering what to look for when buying a used car. You want to make sure you’re buying a quality used vehicle and not a bucket of bolts you’ll need to be repaired every few months. Here are some of the questions you should ask yourself:
- How was the vehicle priced?
- Are there any current recalls on the vehicle?
- Is there a history of maintenance?
- Is the vehicle history report available?
- Do the amenities and features work like they’re supposed to?
- Can I take the car to a mechanic for an inspection?
- Do you have the title in hand?
Learn More About What to Look for When Buying a Used Car at Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
Ready to make the jump? At Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we make the buying process as pain-free as possible for Lancaster area drivers. You’ll get to take full advantage of our used cars’ premium features and offerings. Apply for financing online today to get a proactive idea of your financing options before coming down to the lot for a test drive!
More from Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram customers in the Red Lion area have access to top-tier luxury via the 2022 Grand Wagoneer interior. Impressive comfort levels and endless features make this one of the brand’s most impressive efforts in the luxury department. Whether you want spacious dimensions that allow easy relaxation or electronic hardware to keep you connected, you surely…
Jeep is known for its sporty, off-road-ready vehicles, which explains why models like the new Jeep Compass are packed with plenty of space and technology for the adventures ahead. Look forward to every drive with nearly 30 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the second row, and technologies like a Wi-Fi hotspot and smartphone…
If you’re in the market for a rugged new vehicle around Red Lion, it’s worth checking out the 2022 Jeep Gladiator. The new Jeep Gladiator has all the latest performance, technology, and safety features available and is one of the most anticipated vehicles on the Wrightsville roads. So, how much is a Jeep Gladiator? Learn…