2022 RAM 1500 vs. 2022 RAM 2500
Should you be in need of a new truck, you might be comparing models to ensure you find the right one for you and your Red Lion or York commutes. We would recommend starting off by comparing the 2022 RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500. These models have plenty to offer you and your driving needs so be sure to look a bit closer at the features and performances each has. With our team at Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram you can get a closer look at the RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500 with ease. Learn more today, then schedule a test drive in your favorite model with our finance team.
RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500 Towing
No matter if you need to tow along new furniture for a move through Lancaster or you’re in need of a strong, capable truck for your work needs, both the RAM 1500 and 2500 can handle your hauls. Here are the towing capacities, payloads, and more for each truck:
Maximum Towing Capacity
- 2022 RAM 1500 – 8,210 pounds
- 2022 RAM 2500 – 15,040 pounds
Maximum Payload Capacity
- 2022 RAM 1500 – 1,580 pounds
- 2022 RAM 2500 – 4,010 pounds
RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500: Engine Specs
There are five engine options available with the 2022 RAM 1500 while the RAM 2500 only offers two. Both of these pickup trucks come with rear-wheel drive standards and a 4WD system is available on the higher trim levels. The best way to find out which one best suits your needs is to compare the RAM 1500 vs. RAM 2500 in terms of horsepower and engine options:
2022 RAM 1500 Engine Options
- Powerful and efficient, the available 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 engine achieves Best-in-Class 480 lb-ft of diesel torque and a diesel towing capacity of 12,560 pounds
- The 3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine with eTorque uses advanced technologies like wide-range variable valve timing and two-step variable valve lift to deliver power and efficiency
- The available and renowned 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine offers the legendary power and capability you’ve come to expect from the HEMI name
- The available 5.7L HEMI®V8 engine with eTorque Mild Hybrid Technology System blends performance-enhancing and efficient technologies with the addition of an available extra 130 pound-feet of torque for a V8 gas towing capacity of up to 12,750 pounds
- Only available on the Ram 1500 TRX, the legendary 6.2L Supercharged HEMI® V8 engine ensures this monster can charge from 0–60 MPH in just 4.5 seconds. The supercharger provides near-instantaneous torque and is engineered to withstand 1,595 psi—or the equivalent of nearly 20,000 pounds of force
2022 RAM 2500 Engine Options
- The 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine comes standard on each 2022 Ram 2500. Using Variable-Cam Timing (VCT), it delivers Best-in-Class standard 410 gas horsepower for impressive capability.
- The available 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine offers remarkable responsiveness and impressive torque ratings for outstanding towing capability, without compromising efficiency.
Purchase a RAM 1500 or RAM 2500 at Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Wrightsville
Ready to get the financing process started on your favorite RAM truck from Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram? Apply for financing online and we can get you pre-approved in minutes. Have any questions about these models, our financing options, and more? Contact us today.
More from Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Susquehanna Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram customers in the Red Lion area have access to top-tier luxury via the 2022 Grand Wagoneer interior. Impressive comfort levels and endless features make this one of the brand’s most impressive efforts in the luxury department. Whether you want spacious dimensions that allow easy relaxation or electronic hardware to keep you connected, you surely…
Jeep is known for its sporty, off-road-ready vehicles, which explains why models like the new Jeep Compass are packed with plenty of space and technology for the adventures ahead. Look forward to every drive with nearly 30 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the second row, and technologies like a Wi-Fi hotspot and smartphone…
If you’re in the market for a rugged new vehicle around Red Lion, it’s worth checking out the 2022 Jeep Gladiator. The new Jeep Gladiator has all the latest performance, technology, and safety features available and is one of the most anticipated vehicles on the Wrightsville roads. So, how much is a Jeep Gladiator? Learn…